Are you passionate about history, antiques, collectables, fine art and auctions?
Are you self-motivated, take pride in your work and look to broaden your horizons? Do you strive to provide an optimum and up to date service for your client?
If so then Trevanion Auctioneers would like to hear from you.
Auction Co-ordinator & Accounts Assistant
Reporting to Christina Trevanion
Based at: The Joyce Building, Station Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire, SY13 1RD.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.30pm, flexibility will be required during busy periods.
A rare opportunity has arisen within Whitchurch based Fine Art and Antiques auction house, Trevanion Auctioneers for an Auction Co-ordinator and Accounts Assistant.
The role will be mainly focused on auction activities, which will include, but not be limited to:
1. Accurately and efficiently taking payments following an auction in person, over the telephone and online.
2. Monitoring bank payments following an auction to ensure accurate and current buyer records.
3. Co-ordinating packaging and shipping of items to buyers, both domestic and international via Royal Mail and booking in DHL collections.
4. Liaising with buyers chosen couriers.
5. Keeping and maintaining accurate records of deliveries, collections and invoices.
6. Over-seeing and implementing procedures for auction operations, stock control and ensuring that buyers collect items promptly to enable our next auction to be brought in and set-up.
7. Co-ordinating unsold lots and process accordingly.
8. Ensuring that the saleroom is kept tidy, follow up on uncollected items, organise storage as required for uncollected lots and subsequent invoicing procedures.
9. Ensure that all information in relation to the securing of instructions and subsequent sale procedure is recorded and that all parties including vendors, purchasers and other members of the auction house team are kept informed of current status.
In addition, the role will include:
Answering phone calls and voicemail enquiries and provide effective responses to all client and customer requests.
Booking in home visits and diary co-ordination for staff members.
Monitoring multiple email accounts.
To assist customers as appropriate during, prior to and post public viewing sessions.
Assisting in the set up and display of the saleroom in readiness for public viewing sessions.
Operating and clerking multiple online bidding platforms during the auction.
The ideal candidate will:
• Work efficiently and effectively in a busy and fast paced environment.
• Have exceptional organisational and time management skills.
• Be IT literate and have good numeracy skills.
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent personal, front of house manner.
• The role will include moving lots, large or small, thus the ideal candidate would need good levels of fitness.
• Possess excellent problem solving, planning and communication skills.
Send your CV and covering letter to:
Christina Trevanion (Managing Partner)