Trevanion are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Trevanion may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email and postal address
- Web site
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com or write to: The Data Protection Officer, Trevanion Auctioneers & Valuers, The Joyce Building, Station Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire, SY13 1RE
We may also collect general user tracking information related to our website user using Google Analytics (see below). This information is collected and stored whenever a request is made for any page or image on our servers. This information can be analysed and presented in the aggregate or organized by user sessions.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may use general tracking information (generated by Google Analytics, see below) for analysis and reporting on site activity. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on our site, or which pages or features get the most attention. This information is used to analyse the success of our website, i.e. to gauge the popularity of one feature or product offering over another, or on our ability to understand how people use our website. Tracking and aggregating usage information will allow us to develop this understanding.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. NOTE This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website as it will NOT work correctly.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, information you may be interested in and notification of upcoming sales. If you prefer not to receive this type of material, please let us know.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the following address: The Data Protection Officer, Trevanion Auctioneers & Valuers, The Joyce Building, Station Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire, SY13 1RE
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may use your personal data in any way that we consider in necessary to carry out our responsibilities to you or to maintain and preserve our records. This may include releasing the data to third parties or transferring the data outside the European Economic Area.
If you provide personal information to us about someone else (such as one of your directors, employees or agent) you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that information to us and that, without us taking any further steps required by privacy laws, we may collect, use and disclose that information for the purpose for which it was provided to us.
Online Payment and Live Bidding Security
PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) is the most rigorous standard in the payment industry today. PCI DSS standards are enforced by VISA, MasterCard and the banks and specify the technical aspects of a payment service as well as operational policies and procedures. Trevanion are working with TakePayments, to ensure that all these security obligations are being fulfilled and your data is as safe as can be.
How we keep our systems secure
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. These security measures include firewalls, data backup procedures and where appropriate, encryption and secure internet transactions. Despite these measures, “perfect security” on the internet does not exist.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01948 800 202, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: The Data Protection Officer, Trevanion Auctioneers & Valuers, The Joyce Building, Station Road, Whitchurch, Shropshire, SY13 1RE